A range of highly effective dust suppression chemicals
- The recent increased focus on occupational lung diseases by safety authorities around the world, even in third-world countries, puts pressure on businesses to provide effective dust control systems.
- The issue of fugitive dust on haul roads and for stockpiles is an important occupational safety issue for business operators as it presents unique challenges.
- Uncontrolled high and wide clouds of dust affect visibility, damage equipment, slow down work and present a safety hazard to staff. Harmful dust particles such as silica may lead to serious occupational lung diseases such as silicosis, pneumoconiosis and even cancer.
- The common method of spraying dust with only water often causes overwatering which comes with its own set of problems: muddy slippery conditions, increased rate of vehicle collisions with safety berms and damaged road surface.
- Many common dust suppressants diluted in water (calcium chloride, magnesium chloride, sodium, calcium lignosulphonate, etc) can result in chemicals leaching, metal corrosion, environmental or surface damage and can cause skin and lung irritation.
- DUSTRON® is range of highly effective dust suppression chemicals designed to supress fugitive dust. Added to water spraying system, the product lowers the surface tension of the water particles and makes it easier for the water and dust particles to conglomerate. As a result, dust sinks to the bottom instead of floating on top.
- DUSTRON® works with your current dust suppression system powerfully increasing its effectiveness while saving you water, time and money in the process.
- DUSTRON® is a unique multitasking product that provides a one stop solution for all challenges associated with suppression of fugitive dust, especially on haul roads and stockpiles.
- Non-toxic and eco-friendly, DUSTRON® can supress up to 95% of dust without causing damage to the environment and human health. Used on haul roads, DUSTRON® preserves and often improves the wearing layer of the road after multiple applications.
- DUSTRON® reduces the overall water usage, leading to less trips and less fuel as a result.
- Haul roads
- Mineral/Coal Stock Yard
- Drilling Applications
- Bulk material handling by conveyor to conveyor
- Crusher houses
- Transfer points
- Tipping areas
- Transportation by rail or dumper
- Waste dump yards
- Fly ash handling
- Storage facilities
- Loading terminals
- Demolition sites
- And more
Occupational Health and Safety
- Reduces up to 80% of respirable dust (less than +50mm)
- Provides safe working environment through effective control of respiratory hazards
- Converses fine dust particles (more than +50mm) into lumps
- Improves road condition through dust lumps creating a more compact, smoother surface
- Doesn’t damage the wearing layer of the road
- Doesn’t result in overwatering or mud formation maintaining safe road conditions
- Minimises water usage by up to 80% as less spraying is required
- Minimises diesel usage by up to 80% as less trips are needed
- Can reduce your vehicle fleet as less trips are required
- Increased life span of tyres, lubricants and spare parts due to clean environment
- Increased life span of water tankers and its parts as non-corrosive
- Lower cost as highly concentrated
- Increased effectiveness after multiple applications
- Increased overall productivity and lower maintenance costs
Safe for human health
- Non-volatile, non-flammable and non-corrosive
- No adverse effect upon contact with skin, eyes or lungs through inhalation
- Biodegradable and non-toxic
- Doesn’t negatively affect surrounding areas, agriculture crops or vegetation
- No effect on earthworms, birds, aquatic life and animals in the area
- No effect on water sources due to chemical leaching
- No pollution of surrounding areas
SOLUTIONS FOR VARIOUS INDUSTRIES
- AND MORE
DUSTRON® – PROTECTION WITHOUT DESTRUCTION